The Base Manager, LAX Maintenance will provide management oversight and leadership of daily aircraft maintenance operations at the Compass Airline Los Angeles Maintenance base, ensuring efficient coordination, communication and oversight. Will act in conjunction with multiple departments and outside resources to ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality is maintained. Will provide direction and oversight to the LAX Line Maintenance and Production Managers.
United States citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Minimum ten years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience.
Two years of experience in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or equivalent.
PC literate with skills in Microsoft Office
Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Valid driver’s license
Good communication skills and be able to read and write fluently in the English Language.
To the extent of the responsibilities required, possess a full understanding of the following materials with the respect to the Company's operation:
Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations)
The Company's Operations Specifications
All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements contained with the FARs Parts 1,21,23,25,43,45,47,65,91,121.
Embraer 170/175, 190 maintenance experience
Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related discipline
- Valid Passport
Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Overall responsibility for the Compass Airlines LAX Maintenance operation.
- Takes direction from and coordinates with the Senior Manager, Maintenance Operations and Director of Maintenance
- Oversight of the LAX Line Maintenance and Production Managers to ensure efficient use of staffing through establishing proper work assignments, efficient pre-shift preparation, and ensuring that each individual is engaged in assisting others after completion of the assigned tasks.
- Responsible for coordinating timely and accurate communication of real time work progress, anticipated delays, AOS status, daily turnovers, staffing requirements, or any other information necessary to ensure an efficient operation.
- Responsible for ensuring individual technician training requirements are identified, working with the Technical Operations Training department as required. Coordinate with the LAX Maintenance Administrative Assistant to ensure scheduling and travel arraignments are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the on-the-job (OJT) technical training process is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring LAX maintenance is compliant with the read and record process.
- Author proposals/justifications for specialized tools, or ground support equipment to meet operational needs of the LAX maintenance operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the LAX Maintenance operation is adequately staffed to approved headcount levels, working with the Recruiting Department in filing positions through the entire new hire process.
- Responsible for ensuring LAX Maintenance personnel annual performance reviews are completed and processed on time.
- Providing detailed weekly operational reports to the Senior Manager, Maintenance Operations and Director of Maintenance as required.
- Help promote a culture of safety, honesty and respect for others at their work location in accordance with company policy manuals.
- Leading and directing special projects as necessary.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in an office environment or outdoors at the airport terminal.
- Travel, more than 10% maybe required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.