4 months ago
167342, Battery System Subject Matter Expert Engineer - OH -
Job Title: Battery System Subject Matter Expert Engineer - OH
Rate: $50 to $90.00 DOE
Duration: 11 Months
Description: Chipton-Ross is seeking a Battery System Subject Matter Expert Engineer for an opening in Mason, OH.
Client is currently looking for a Battery System Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a broad range of experience that supports the specification, analysis, implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting of launch vehicle and satellite battery hardware and associated power systems. The successful candidate needs an understanding of the electrical specifications and design for batteries in high-reliability applications, mechanical and chemical characteristics, design of battery monitoring electronics, and battery test and measurement techniques. The individual must evaluate magnitude of load, depth of discharge, temperature affects, reliability, and safety aspects for the power system. The individual will be the technical point of contact for both customers in the system application of battery hardware and vendors for detailed design parameters and technical oversight. Although knowledge of battery chemistry is helpful, this position focuses on the electrical application of batteries and does not involve the detailed design of the batteries themselves.
• Act as the central customer technical point of contact for evaluating new power system designs and supporting existing designs.
• Support, evaluate, and oversee battery hardware vendors.
• Analyze battery and associated power system faults.
• Create power system simulation and modelling tools.
• Document test results, resolve failures to root cause, and work with internal and external customers to implement repair and improvement plans.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Education: A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
• Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in the design, test, troubleshooting, or specification of aerospace-grade battery components and their use in power systems is required.
• Design skills: Ability to construct battery and power system simulations, detailed knowledge of battery monitoring techniques, detailed knowledge of battery theory and application for space applications, knowledge of battery test and qualification procedures, and knowledge of mechanical considerations for installing batteries on launch vehicles and spacecraft.
• Computer skills: Ability to use analog and power system simulation software, knowledge of power system modeling, and ability to perform battery performance analysis.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
• Experience with electrical and mechanical aspects of batteries for space launch vehicle and satellite applications preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work directly with customer technical and program management teams
• Time Management & Organizational skills: ability to plan effectively using various scheduling tools, flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, ability to maintain confidentiality.
1st, 9/80 Work Week
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.
Terry Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (x282 orx282