3 months ago
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Customer Service Agent interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner. Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or freight forwarders. Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo acceptance. Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel or cargo shipments. Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times. Provides assistance to distressed passengers and customers. Protects company property and revenue. Provides for safe travel. Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor skills to perform various job-related tasks. Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a limited time period. Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision. Responds and assists during security and emergency situations. Follows internal/external policies and procedures. May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers. May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower functions.
* High school diploma or GED
* Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Bilingual language skills required in some locations
* Applicable valid drivers license as required by local authorities
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
* Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Customer Service, Aviation