about 1 year ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Improvement Initiatives
Black Belt (12 month Contract)
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
We are seeking a Black Belt dedicated 100% of the time to lead strategic business improvement projects throughout the organization. The Black Belt will be responsible for energizing the organization using Lean Sigma tools to positively impact Cost, Quality, Delivery Performance, Cash and Customer Satisfaction. You will work closely with leadership at all levels to ensure continuous improvement efforts are driven throughout the organization through sharing of best practices.
• The Leadership of complex DMAIC & change projects at cross-functional and cross-site level.
• Coaching Green Belts to develop technical Lean-Sigma and change management competencies.
• Leading improvement related events including Kaizen, problem solving workshops and Business Process Re-engineering.
• Facilitating the development of appropriate management competencies and behaviors in support of on-going improvement against strategic objectives.
• Oversee improvement activities ensuring the effective utilization of the Lean-Sigma toolset and compliance with SAFRAN standards where applicable.
• Oversee activities relating to employee engagement & empowerment in improvement ensuring compliance with SAFRAN standards where applicable.
• Supporting the site Master Black Belt in the development of Lean-Sigma deployment within Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc.
• Participate as a Member of the site and Lean-Sigma community.
• Black Belts and Site Master Black Belt.
• Site Senior Managers.
• SAFRAN+ Project Managers.
• Site Financial Controller.
• Site Green Belts.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering/Business/Operations or related field
• Minimum of 5 + years' experience in leadership of continuous improvement and change projects in an industrial domain
• Experience of working with teams including senior management.
• Expertise in Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies and toolsets.
• Expertise in the coaching of operational teams and individuals.
• Proven track record in operational roles in aerospace or industrial companies (e.g. Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality)
• Black Belt Certified in an industrial environment
• Thorough knowledge of generic key business processes.
• Customer focused and results oriented.
• Excellent training and facilitating skills
• Experience in coaching/mentoring/training and influencing decision-making processes
• Proficiency in the use of common software packages including Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel, Visio, Minitab and Project
• Occasional Travel May be required
• Bilingualism would be an asset
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years