The mission of the Project Management Office (PMO) is to help Hawaiian Airlines achieve its strategic goals by implementing the right projects, the right way, to deliver the right business benefits.
Business Analysts work within project management teams and with subject matter experts to effectively capture and present the solution requirements using natural language. They utilize BA core competencies to elicit requirements, analyze information in varying forms, conduct process or workflow analysis, and create models, use cases, user stories, and other standard project deliverables ensuring project success.
- Work with project sponsors, business owners, and subject matter experts to document the project’s requirements. Projects are lite to medium in nature and complexity or may be smaller pieces of a large complex project
- Identify the appropriate representatives for each user group and document user characteristics and their roles and responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Specify quality attributes, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as visual analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or simulations, where appropriate.
- Perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Perform requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives.
- Facilitate requirements prioritization. Identify conflicts and areas of potential misinterpretation
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability. Track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Proactively foster own career development and works closely with manager to develop business analysis capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university and a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate within assigned project team
- Strong interpersonal attributes to create and maintain collaborative team environment. Displays leadership and confidence when applying BA competencies
- Previous work or background in requirements development, elicitation, or analysis
- Previous work or studies of project management concepts and how solutions or products are derived
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship; must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Previous work experience in organization of similar size
- Previous application experience or domain knowledge
- Novice to intermediate skill in use of Microsoft Online including PowerPoint, SharePoint, or Access
- Airline or related industry experience
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) CBAP Certification or Project Management Institute (PMI) PBA Certification