3 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Business Continuity program leverages four disciplines (Business, Emergency, Supply Chain, and IT preparedness) to create an integrated approach to business resilience. Business Preparedness planning is focused on building recovery plans for critical programs and operations within the company to ensure their recoverability in the event of a disruption.
The Business Preparedness team works with leaders across the enterprise to identify risks and critical programs, build plans for their recovery, test and maintain these plans, assist executive leaders in validating the state of their preparedness, and assess the company's resilience maturity. Becoming a part of this team provides an opportunity to work across the enterprise, assisting teams and organizations to increase their level of preparedness.
The Business Continuity Project Manager will lead business preparedness planning services to organizations across the enterprise. The process improvement work allows for the opportunity to apply process improvement tools and lean:
• Provide Business Preparedness and Business Continuity consultation communication to business unit and functional leadership.
• Communicate with the business partners includes training and consultation on the business preparedness planning process, software, and support provided to ensure successful completion of the test & maintenance process.
• Provide business partners visibility of schedule milestones and status their progress.
• Proactively analyze results, trends, and processes to determine improvements to ensure the most effective service is delivered.
• Research and Consolidate complex information regarding ongoing events and/or assigned projects into level-appropriate written summaries and/or verbal briefings for key stakeholders and internal customers (i.e. risk & security managers, travel security reps, global security operations center, regional security reps, etc.).
• Support all phases of the Business Preparedness test and maintain activities and support special projects using project management best practices.
• Strong customer service and communication skills are required due to the high level of interaction with business partners in describing the purpose and value of Business Continuity planning.
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent presentation skills for multiple audiences including executive leadership.
• Worked in a service related role where establishing strong relationships with internal business partners was critical to success.
• Led organizations or functional teams while exhibiting the leadership attributes.
• 2-3 years of Business Continuity related experience.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• One or more Certifications including Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) and Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or equivalents
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award