6 months ago
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Business Development Engineer in our Seating Products business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
* Designs and Evaluates concept aircraft interiors designs.
* Lays out Aircraft interiors to airline or B/E specifications to maximize revenue.
* Researches engineering costs and tooling NRE.
* Conducts technical research on competitive products.
* Performs CAD modeling of aircraft interiors.
* Calculates overall weights and develops technical product specifications for inclusion in proposals.
* Teams with other engineers to produce marketing proposals.
* Interprets FAA/Boeing/Airbus interiors specification and related regulations.
* Provides technical guidance in support of commercial proposals
* Designs and develops new products and new components
* Supports patent activity
* Supports sales-sample, Prototype, and Hamburg Prototype design projects
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year accredited college/university required, or equivalent combination of education and seven years of experience.
* Experience in the commercial aircraft industry including experience working with commercial aircraft interiors.
* Experience working with Unigraphics/Teamcenter.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Experience working with financial statements and new project development.
* Demonstrated financial acumen.
* Ability to build productive relationships and work effectively with cross functional teams.
* Hands on design experience using CAD programs.
* Demonstrated ability to solve practical and conceptual problems and deal with a variety of variables.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word and Project.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.