4 months ago
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is looking for an expert to lead strategy & business development activities covering the Avionics and Systems upgrade and modifications Commercial Aviation market. The selected business development expert will use a combination of technical experience and business acumen to establish BGS market strategy in this domain and prosecute new business opportunities to meet the company's ambitious growth objectives for services.
* Lead business development initiatives for the BGS commercial aviation market for products and services related to upgrading and modifications.
* Perform detailed analyses of market, customer and competitive environments to highlight strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in BGS capabilities
* Propose and evaluate new business models, new market segments, and new business partnership/teaming opportunities to meet BGS growth targets
* Conduct complex business case analyses of new growth opportunities that integrates objectives across varied and sometimes conflicting BGS and BCA business interests, finding solutions that maximize overall benefit for Boeing
* Drive business alignment across a number of key technical and business functions such as: Feature Strategy, Business Development, Production Programs, Engineering, and Supplier Management.
* Propose new go-to-market approaches that creatively bundle related offerings (eg, BCA airplane features, BGS services, third party offerings) into integrated solutions that deliver a total value proposition to customers
* Collaborate with BCA & BDS Supplier Management to ensure all procurement and supplier plans have detailed actionable BGS enablement strategies.
* Perform competitive benchmarking, leading competitive value comparisons on the differentiated value of alternative capabilities and feature solutions
* Pursue strategic teaming agreements with current competitors and prospective collaborators, identifying inorganic "next square" business opportunities in adjacent market and product segments
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
*Employer NOT willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The ideal candidate will have extensive business development and strategy experience, a strong technical foundation in airplane systems, and deep market expertise of airline operations and competitor offerings. The candidate must be able to think creatively to quantify business value to Boeing stakeholders and airline customers, perform market assessments based on customer value, and demonstrate leadership ability to make recommendations on how to effectively penetrate the market with new and existing business models. This work will shape the near and long term direction of Boeing's services portfolio that connects aviation's digital ecosystem (airplane, airline, airports, and air traffic management).
* Bachelors degree
* Experience working with airline avionics and other systems. Preferably in a capacity working on developing requirements.
* Effective presentation skills and experience presenting to leadership teams
* Ability to travel to support business and team requirements is required (approximately 10%, but up to 25% of the time).
* Analytical skills with the ability to review substantial quantitative financial calculations; understand and explain the implications of financial analysis
* Ability to evaluate business opportunities and target those opportunities with the greatest potential of producing positive business results. Must be able to structure ambiguous business data into meaningful, insightful information.
* Teaming and collaboration skills, and an ability to lead a team which is geographically and organizationally dispersed.
* Willing to challenge the status quo, and take calculated risks.
* Technical education: A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* Experience working as a Technical Pilot
* Experience developing and presenting business cases
Typical education and experience:
* Bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award