4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the History of WESCAM..
Tasks to Accomplish
* Contribute to Sensor Systems Segment Finance Team projects and process improvement initiatives
* Consult directly with Sensor Systems Segment Finance and Human Resources clients and stakeholders on advanced business intelligence needs
* Fulfill data analytics and reporting projects and requests, including financial data gathering and consolidation, foreign currency data capture, translation and consolidation
* Contribute to the assessment of the current state of existing data, enhancements that can be made, and future data points that could provide value to the company
* Define, create, implement and standardize “single source of truth” reports and dashboards for various groups
* Participate in release oversight of sensitive reporting information to appropriate audiences
* Become a HFM SmartView subject matter expert
* Design and manage Sensor Systems Segment SharePoint sites and Atlassian Confluence spaces
* Provide training and technical support on related tools and processes
* Interface with IT and Corporate Finance as required
* Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Must have deep hands-on expertise with relational databases (primarily Microsoft SQL), and data warehouse methodologies/practices - experience with Oracle HFM, IBM TM1, MS Power BI, SSIS, and database user rights management a plus
* Proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries and stored procedures
* Ability to create dynamic and static functional database model spreadsheet reports, e.g. HFM SmartView, TM1 In-Spreadsheet Browser, BPC EPM Excel add-in
* Must have advanced MS Excel skills (VBA), experience with Power Query and Power Pivot a plus
* Experience administering collaboration software
* Proficiency in financial analysis skills: general accounting principles and financial statement analysis
* Experience in a customer / client facing role - working directly with business stakeholders
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, including interfacing with senior leadership team members
* Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Possesses a continuous improvement mindset
* Has a team player attitude
Experience & Education Requirements
* 3+ years of relevant work experience working in an analytics capacity
* Undergraduate degree is required (Computer Science, Math, Accounting, Business, etc.)
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam