The Developer/Analyst, Lead works in the Information Technology organization and is responsible for the development and support software applications. The Developer/Analyst, Lead works on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) as a high level technical expert in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software in support of a very complex business model. The Developer/Analyst, Lead plays a key role in defining, applying and enhancing the internal BI development processes and communicating with the business community, as well as mentoring other members of the BI team. The Developer/Analyst, Lead has deep technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of business application of analytics solutions.
25% Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Coding of new software applications and/or the modification of existing software applications. This will entail the review and understanding of project scope, requirements, project design and the I.T development life cycle. The D/A, Lead will also be required to perform code reviews and provide high level estimates on with limited information supporting the project governance process.
25% Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Support (issue resolution) of existing software applications. Any newly created or modified applications will require support time to correct software bugs. Must respond quickly to critical issues.
20% Support of new and existing software. Analysis (scope and requirements) and Design. The D\A, Lead will also have involvement with requirements gathering, documenting requirements and design creation. This may include leading (guiding and mentoring) a team of Developers in the design phase.
15% Interaction\/communication with business users and off shore resources. The D\A, Lead will be required to communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews and prototype presentations, etc. Communication to lead and support offshore development resources will also be required.
15% Will provide technical and process coaching\/mentoring of staff members including off shore resources. The D\A, Lead will have the responsibility of assisting other team members in the understanding of processes and technologies. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent.
* Diverse experience in Information Technology (IT), extracting, assimilating and analyzing data sets
* Experience in business intelligence with a strong operational focus
* Hands-on experience with ETL Tools (Informatica) and BI tools (Business Objects, Tableau, SAS)
* Expert knowledge in utilizing BI tools to build dashboards, reports and analytics-based solutions
* Exposure to large databases and proven ability to deliver analytics
* Strong, and demonstrated ability to adapt to technology
* Ability to be highly productive with limited oversight on day to day direction
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with an ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; multi-task and prioritize projects
* 5 to 7 years experience with Oracle (11g/12c) and SQL database implementations
* Expert in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence technology and best practices
* Expert in data modeling and architecting complex solutions
* Expert in designing and implementing enterprise-level, full life-cycle BI platforms and solutions, e.g., infrastructure, security, applications, data architecture solution, design and delivery, etc.
* Advanced level proficiency in SQL and relational databases, including ETL and complex query development
* ETL development experience using Informatica
* Understanding of, and experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle
* Ability to drive the technical direction for projects and to ensure technical quality of the code delivered
* Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools (Stash, PVCS)
* Familiarity with team collaboration concepts and tools (SharePoint, Jira, Confluence)
* Exposure to Big Data concepts and platforms, a plus
* Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses and findings
* Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
* Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
* Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service
* Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs
* Experience in interfacing with business users
* Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong partnership and team building skills
* Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
* Cross-functional collaboration skills
* Will estimate project work and will review project estimates of team members.
* Will assist the Project Manager in finalizing project schedule
* Ability and experience in mentoring/developing staff members
* Ability and experience assigning and monitoring tasks
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Exhibit high degree of self-management
* Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises, when necessary
* Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment