ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Business Process Analyst serves as the 'product owner' for TRAX and advocates for continuous improvement of the product, roadmap development, and improved utilization of the product in Maintenance & Engineering (M&E). This Analyst gathers, analyzes, and creates comprehensive work products to document requirements, including validation and traceability, for new and existing applications supporting the M&E teams. Using business analysis techniques, this role leads a collaborative effort in identifying, evaluating, and capturing user requirements for changes to systems and procedures that are cost effective.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports business process analysis for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Serves as product owner for the TRAX, aircraft maintenance MRO ERP system.
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with the software vendor as AAG's primary point person.
- Troubleshoots, supports the problem escalation and resolution processes, architects the product roadmap, and increases effective utilization within M&E.
- Plans, directs, and completes the analysis of business problems to be solved or product/services to be developed for delivery and facilitates communication with stakeholders.
- Assesses system impacts and provides gap, process, and cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service related initiatives.
- Leads upgrades, reviews, and testing of Trax functions, including bug fixes, and verifies external interfaces between Trax and other applications are not impacted.
- Collaborates on the development of business process and product-based roadmaps with business owners, system vendors, and IT.
- Leverages expert, broad knowledge of business processes, including the related operations of technical systems and applications used for several business units within M&E.
- Coaches other Business Process Analysts on product knowledge and support tools.
- Leverages expertise in expressing and documenting requirements and test plans for system changes that support efficient and successful process change.
- Oversees and develops improvements for system administrative support for applications used by one or more business units within M&E.
- Leads or supports team managers on upgrades and business processes improvement activities (e.g., negotiating for resources, defining/documenting business requirements, test plans, training, troubleshooting, system configuration, and related documentation) and is the primary point of contact between system users, vendors, IT and management.
- Project manages upgrades and process improvement activities.
- Leads complex analysis of business processes (e.g., documents workflow, collects process data points, quantifies problems, defines business requirements, identifies/evaluates options, and implements/validates solutions).
- Leverages expertise in continuous improvement skills and techniques, effectively applies them to business processes, and assists in team development of process improvement action plans.
- Performs research in related technologies to identify effective innovation opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years of business analysis experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a product owner role.
- organization, workload prioritization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to distill complex technical and process issues into solvable problems.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as take on individual responsibility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and to provide on-call problem resolution support 24/7.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally based on the business needs.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- years of experience in the aviation industry.
- 3 years of experience supporting enterprise software applications in a business environment.
- Proficiency with relevant software and their interfaces (e.g., Trax, CITRIX, Oracle, SQL Server, SSRS, Tableau).
- Ability to create ad hoc reports using database queries.
- Lean, Six Sigma, or similar continuous improvement skills.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is preferred.
- Professional certification (e.g., Business Analysis, Lean, or Six Sigma) is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: June 30, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.