16 days ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Business Resilience Manager is accountable to the Manager Emergency Management for assisting and supporting the development and maintenance of programs, processes and procedures required to quickly respond to business and operational disruptions while maintaining continuous business operations and safeguarding people, assets and brand equity within Air Canada.
The Business Resilience Manager is responsible to ensure the identification of critical business processes; formulation and implementation of effective business continuity strategies, and mitigation of operational risks in a coordinated and consistent manner using a standardized methodology based on industry best practice.
* Assist and support the Manager, Emergency Management in development, implementation and maintenance of Crisis Management Plans
* Facilitate, conduct and debrief exercises (table tops, notification, evacuation drills, fire scenarios, etc.) to support crisis management and business resilience within Air Canada ensuring continuous improvement;
* Facilitate, coordinate and support implementation of Business Resilience programs, processes, procedures and initiatives including business continuity plans
* Plan, coordinate and debrief business continuity exercises ensuring continuous improvement of the business continuity program;
* Assist in the assessment of operational risks within the organization and prepare plans to respond to and mitigate such risks;
* Develop status reports (e.g., report cards) on departmental continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary;
* Implement strategies to deal with disruptions, primarily related to facilities failures and system outages;
* Work with Business Units to develop documentation and test scenarios for identified risks;
* Benchmarking other leading organizations to develop programming and project initiatives that support the goals of business continuity.
* Monitor industry best practices by participating in emergency response and business continuity committees and exercises;
* Monitor industry trends and research and identify new crisis management technologies, equipment and materials;
* Assist in the development and delivery of crisis management training to employees, stations, and other stakeholders across Air Canada;
* Coordinate the development and training of building life safety plans across the network,
* Coordinate the purchase of Air Canada emergency equipment and materials as required
* Maintain and support the Crisis Management System throughout the organization.
* A post-secondary degree, diploma or certification related to emergency response, crisis management or business continuity.
* Experience in roles involving emergency response, business continuity or incident command systems.
* Understanding of applicable regulations and related standards within Canada.
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business continuity plans
* Working knowledge and practical experience with IT systems is preferred
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills when executing routine duties and during times of crisis.
* Exceptional organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proven ability to innovative, influence change and deliver results.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Safety / Environmental