8 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 41816BR Date posted 01/22/City Chula Vista
Country United States
United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) Supply Chain organization in Chula Vista, CA, has an immediate opening for a Buyer who is a highly motivated individual with strong people and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be an intergal part of Supply Chain Management within our "in production" programs. Being a core performer in Supply Chain will require interface with program leadership, engineering, production control, customers and of course the supply base. The candidate must be able to provide delivery assurance and cost management. The candidate will use their experience and industry leading tools to procure "fly away" hardware and equipment. The candidate will also prepare RFQs (Request for Quotes), and issue Purchase Orders in a timely manner. Adherence to 100% On Time Delivery and Quality via robust supplier management is a must. Attendance at Supplier Watch List and program material status meetings will be required. Time management skills and the ability to handle high volumes of work in a fast paced environment are essential. This position will also require the candidate to be an ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) participant and advocate. Participation in ACE/Continuous Improvement events and activities will be required.
Qualifications Required Experience:
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Understanding of contract structure, business terms and conditions.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Project and MRP/ERP systems.
- Understanding of Project Management.
- Works well in a team environment, highly motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong people / interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Work independently, remain calm under pressure and deal with ambiguity.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- SAP proficiency.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
Education Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field, with 2+ years related experience, or Master's Degree in relevant field and 1+ years related experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.