16 days ago
With a global installed base of 1 million passenger seats, the Aftermarket Services business offers a comprehensive aftermarket service to our customers. These services include spare parts supply and repair services across all classes of seat whether it is Super First Class, Business Class or Economy Class.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Buyer in our Aftermarket Services Organization, located in Winston Salem, NC.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Buyer will purchase merchandise, materials, components, equipment, and/or services.
* Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms
* Typically purchases $10-$20 million per year of products and services; purchases complex items where detailed specification is involved.
* Developing specifications and requires analysis to balance the value of competing bids
* Guided by established policy and with minimum supervision
* Carries out broad assignments usually involving the purchase of important and critical items requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience.
* Provides guidance and training to lower-level Buyers.
* Interviews supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to parts and equipment.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.