5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 50984BR Date posted 07/11/City Foley
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) designs, manufactures and integrates nacelles, thrust reversers, pylons and flight control surfaces for commercial and military aircraft. The Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility in Foley, Alabama, specializes in the maintenance and repair of nacelles - Thrust Reversers, Pylons, Inlet and Fan Cowls, Exhaust Nozzles and a variety of Engine Build Up and Quick Engine Change components. Annual sales for the Foley site are $115M, and we employ 300 people. We are seeking employees who are excited to be a part of our team! Apply today!
The MRO Americas team is looking for a Buyer to join our team.
The statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel in this job. Other duties may be required to be performed based on business needs.
* Manage the procurement cycle from purchase request to payment of invoice
* Align supplier schedules with facility needs
* Obtain schedule and delivery confirmations from suppliers
* Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers
* Status purchase orders
* Manage material shortages, expedites, updates and change orders with suppliers
* Monitor supplier delivery and quality performance
* Participate in negotiations of long term agreements with suppliers
* Support strategic projects in support of facility/company goals
* Create and present metrics and supporting reports to suppliers, peers, and managers
* Performs other duties as required
* AA/AS Degree plus 8 years experience
* Intermediate MS Office computer skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
* Experience using an ERP System (SAP preferred).
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the company externally.
* Detail oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
* Strong negotiating, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must read, write, speak & understand the English language.
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
* Travel requirements <10%.
* At least 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship, permanent residency or work VISA to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: relocation or interview travel reimbursement may be available.
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
* Advanced office administration skills such as typing, copying, organization and filing.
* Self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
* Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, twist, climb, crouch, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 25 pounds.
* Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
* Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
* Continuous Improvement process experience preferred.
AA/AS Degree plus 8 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.