7 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace’s Super First Class Environments business unit primarily based in Tucson, Arizona delivers industry leading first class passenger environments for the world’s top airlines. Our market reputation is based on producing highly reliable, complex mechanisms and the ability to achieve a high level of design fidelity to the original industrial design.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Buyer in our Super First Class business located in Tucson, Arizona.
Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, the Buyer will be responsible for the tactical activities that drive our purchasing selection and performance management process.
* Purchase materials, parts, supplies, and equipment, following established purchasing practices and procedures to optimize price, delivery, and terms.
* Solicits bids and quotations; reviews and negotiates purchase contracts for major commitments.
* Analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value; selects supplies; issues purchase orders; follows up; expedites as necessary; and evaluates vendors.
* Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate and negotiate contracts.
* Interfaces regularly with internal stakeholders (supply chain, operations, account managers, customer service) and external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities) across multiple locations.
* Identifies process creation and/or improvement opportunities and strives for continuous improvement in the role and function.
* Bachelor's Degree from four-year accredited college or university at least three years related experience or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
* Minimum three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace.
* Strong business acumen and knowledge of labor market conditions.
* Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
* Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
* Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM) Structure
* Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and JD Edwards MRP system
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.