3 months ago
Job ID #: 10821
Location: US - Missouri - St. Louis
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
O’Brien’s products and solutions are used in critical applications in process industries worldwide. O’Brien’s comprehensive product offering includes pre-insulated tubing bundles, sample conditioning equipment, specialty tubing and fittings, instrument enclosures and process analyzers used in oil and gas production, refining, petrochemical processing, power generation, pharmaceutical manufacture and semiconductor fabrication.
O’Brien has manufacturing operations in St. Louis, MO, Carson City, NV, and Shanghai, China. It joined AMETEK as part of its Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) -- a recognized leader in advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments. AMETEK EIG, sells its instruments to the process and analytical, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide. We are looking for a Buyer responsible for :
Buying and planning of materials and services to support the organization while maintaining aggressive cost, quality, inventory, and delivery goals. This includes inventory and non-inventory goods and services. The position should require minimal direction for daily activities.
• Purchase and plan material to support production requirements while aggressively negotiating cost reductions.
• Reduce inventory through the implementation of Kanban's and other inventory control policies that will increase material turns.
• Negotiate Purchase Orders with suppliers to provide Ametek with a competitive total price.
• Administer contracts and daily communication with suppliers.
• Request and review quote packages for completion and accuracy.
• Work with other departments to achieve department and organization goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated adequate proficiency with the personal computer and the main frame Oracle software.
• Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner consistent with Ametek policies.
• Identify cost reduction activities.
• Actively participate in cross functional teams as required.
• Schedule material to support production requirements while keeping Ametek financial exposure at a minimum.
• Review and understand MRP computer system for planning purposes.
• Perform other duties as required to support organizational goals and objectives.
3-5 years experience, college degree preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.