13 days ago
Buyer, Airport and Ground Services
The strategic has the responsibility to establish, execute and evaluate procurement strategies so that the signed agreements can optimize the total cost and improve the quality of services while mitigating the business risks, according to internal and external policies as well as meeting or surpassing the company objectives. The buyer, strategic procurement is in charge of establishing and managing the agreements related to ground services and airports.
* Negotiate agreements that optimize the services while meeting operational and financial objectives of the company as well as internal and external policies.
- Perform market research and identify potential suppliers;
- Establish the procurement strategy and execute the procurement process according to best practices;
- Plan and conduct the negotiation strategy;
- Implement the contracts and obtain the required signatures.
* Being a strategic partner to internal operations while developing and maintaining good business relationships with suppliers and key partners in the aviation industry.
- Strategic watch and attend conferences in the industry;
- Recommend for the business improvement initiatives;
- Coordinate and conduct performance reviews between suppliers and operations.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement tools and supply processes to ensure maximum efficiency and achieve profitable results.
- Keep up-to-date financial databases of the ground services and airports;
- Contribute to the implementation of the new software for the management of invoices and costs.
* Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in procurement in the airline industry;
* A BAC in administration or the equivalent is an asse;
* Highly developed sense of customer service and communication skills;
* Knowledge of accounting and administration and skills in analysis and problem solving;
* Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written. Spanish is an asset;
* Ability to manage multiple files at once;
* Knowledge of SAP and MS Office.
Location : Air Transat Head Office / Ville Saint-Laurent
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Purchasing
Business segment : Air transportation
Business unit : Air Transat
Job # : TS-18-151
End date of posting : 2018-05-18