7 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a temporary full time position as a Buyer Analyst in Toronto.
Analyzing trends in material/service requirements; assist customers to forecast cost and to determine feasibility of planned programs.
* Assist with the development of sources of supply for material and services.
* Ability to analyze inventory data to action proper distribution.
* Participate in the negotiation of prices, including specifications with selected vendors. Solicit quotations; analyze bids, evaluate suppliers, prepare purchase orders.
* Participate in cost savings program.
* Purchase material, equipment, services in accordance with established corporate guidelines and signing authority.
* Enhance and redevelop existing specifications for services required by internal customers in order to prepare RFQ's by liaising with those departments and ensuring specifications are definitive and meet corporate legal and financial standards (includes collaboration with Law Branch, other airlines, or a third party source, as applicable).
* Provide financial information to department managers for preparation of Commitment Authorizations.
* Experience in tendering, bidding, negotiating and evaluating major service and material contracts would be an asset.
* Experience in procurement and repair of aircraft parts an asset.
* Strong analytical/statistical ability and familiarity with purchasing specifications.
* Superior interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written to interface with vendors and internal customers. Customer service oriented.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis and flexibility with working hours.
* Requires strong leadership, negotiating and decision making skills.
* Proficiency with PC and a high degree of computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Access.
* Team player with judgment, tact and diplomacy.
* University degree and/or Purchasing Management Accreditation an asset.
* Bilingual (English and French).
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date:
: Jul 14, 2017, 2:03:37 PM | Jul 28, 2017, 4:59:00 AM