9 months ago
Job ID #: 10120
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 8AM - 5PM
Summary of Position
Accountable for managing purchasing transactions related to direct materials (DM) for all SMP locations in the USA. Maintains pertinent information on suppliers and purchase items in multiple MRP and ERP systems. Works closely with MRP Managers, Quality Managers (QM), Shipping/Receiving, Operations at 5 locations as well as domestic and global suppliers. It is expected that materials, products and services are secured at a cost, quality and delivery terms consistent with Division policy and performance standards.
• Provide DM supplier with the latest revision of applicable specification.
• Ensure direct material PO is issued to a supplier that is on the site Approved Supplier List (ASL).
• Execute “Purchase” transactions flawlessly:
• Maintain Purchasing data integrity in MRP/ERP for each site
• Part master – buyer code, qualified supplier(s), lead-time, reorder point, lot size, MoQ, delivery terms, etc.
• Supplier master– name, address, fax, email, ship from location, payment terms, etc.
• Facility planning data – Bill of Material, etc.
• MRP items – Receive/extract requirement (daily/weekly/monthly), issue PO, maintain PO, expedite/delay when necessary, resolve receiving & invoicing discrepancy and payment issues.
• Make sure PO closes in case of short ship.
• Achieve uniformity in execution, build best practice across sites.
• Develop and maintain a list of routine activities to be performed by site, identify frequency of each (procedures). Drive uniformity of execution across sites.
• Receive, save on network drive and share with QM the Certificate of Analysis for all DM POs.
• Interact with receiving and QM for quantity and quality discrepancies.
• Report issues to suppliers; resolve disposition of material with supplier. Arrange/coordinate with QM; raise debit notes for rejected material; when material should be returned, arrange return.
• Manage supplier relationship at transaction level.
• Communicate to the supplier
a) forecasts – monthly/quarterly/annual
b) short term changes in demand – impact orders
• Train backup buyer for direct materials.
• Participate in meetings with Planning (daily), Customer Care (inside sales) (weekly), Production (weekly).
• Ensure compliance with ISO requirements.
• Work with 3PL on all inbound freight where SMP is responsible for the charges.
• Monitor supplier performance. Provide input for a formal Performance report on quarterly basis for identified suppliers to Quality Manager.
• Jointly with Category Manager (CM) develop performance improvement targets for supplier.
• Manage implementation of identified and agreed upon supplier change.
• Issue Request for Quote to suppliers for repetitive purchases. Keep CM informed on all RFQ and responses.
BSBA- Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Logistics or similar major. 3 - 5 years of experience in the same/similar role in a manufacturing environment. APICS CPSM or the equivalent certification preferred. Experience with shop floor purchasing, MRP/ERP systems and quality/continuous improvement initiatives. The proven ability to bring focus, clarity and results to supply chain systems. Ability to manage multiple priorities with timely results. Capable of working productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization. Previous experience in organizations that have ISO and AS9100 certifications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will possess the following key competencies:
• Solid understanding of procurement process within a manufacturing organization and interfaces between purchasing and other functions within a business.
• Sound knowledge of commercial practices and terms. Ability to interact with suppliers in professional manner. Strong results orientation and execution capability; Ability to convey priorities and influence for positive results.
• The proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results;
• Ability to work in multiple ERP/MRP systems, keep good records of business information and maintain documentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively within and outside the business.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
• Strong work ethic; Willing to roll up sleeves and engage;
• Takes a high degree of personal responsibility; Places team achievement ahead of personal gain;
• Is confident, but never pretentious; Unquestioned ethics and respect for individual dignity;
• An energetic, self-starter; genuinely enthusiastic; strong personal work ethic; A builder of good relationships across the business and with suppliers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.