5 months ago
Buyer - El Paso, TX
Buyer – El Paso, TX
Buyer will work with Sourcing to determine potential sources of supply, solicit supplier quotations, issue Purchase Orders in accordance with Order Policy and in support of the Key Delivery Metrics and Inventory goals for Honeywell Aerospace sites. Work with Internal and external vendors to confirm delivery status and fully manage the PO Placement process.
• Manage PO PPV and drive vendor year-to-year productivity. Follow the PIA process for any price increase
• Negotiate best possible delivery date from suppliers for short-to-lead-time orders
• Engage as part of cross functional team to continuously improve working capital through properly executing consumption based replenishment and replenishment strategies
• Collaborate with Sourcing to add off-contract parts to contract, as applicable, to increase contract penetration (including utilization of the POPA, Purchase Order Price Agreement, process)
• Drive resolution of PO placement delays and/or DLTPs with Planning, Engineering, etc.
• Attend and participate in Tier Meetings and escalate PO Placement issues appropriately
• Identify opportunities at individual Purchase Order level to negotiate with the suppliers for achieving Price Savings and/or Cost Avoidance
• Balance DLTP (Days Late to Place) requisitions with proactive requisition to PO conversion, to ensure continuity of supply to sites and customers
• Identify & Support eAuction by conducing eAuctions at individual PO level, both in support of Requisitions in queue and future Planned Orders
• Drive lead time reduction & Supplier OTTR localization projects for the assigned materials/suppliers
• Analyze the Individual weekly PO Placement Metrics misses and determine appropriate short-term and long-term corrective actions
• Identify, escalate, and pursue opportunities for Supplier consolidations
• Build and foster relationship with Honeywell’s supply base
• Demonstrate an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Inventory and Lead Time
• Ensure a smooth transition of POs placed to the PO Management Team
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• 3 years of experience with procurement planning in a manufacturing environment.
• 1 year of experience working with SAP
• Additional education in Supply Panning, Operations or related discipline is preferred
• Strongly prefer to have Oracle experience
• Demonstrate positive teamwork and excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to get results and influence in a matrix organization
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Computer skills including EXCEL, MS Project, and PowerPoint
* Job ID: 00356368
* Category: Procurement
* Location: ., El Paso, TX 79936 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.