6 months ago
Summary Statement: Applies fundamental knowledge of basic principles, theories, concepts and industry practices and standards in procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for aerospace manufacturing operations.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
* Solves problems in the purchasing discipline of limited scope and complexity following established procedures and practices.
* Performs work under close to moderate management direction.
* Reviews requisitions and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
* Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and follows policy in determining the method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
* Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
* Purchases parts and material of low to moderate value requiring a minimal level of technical knowledge of the aircraft system or subsystems for which the items will be used.
* Expedites delivery of goods to users.
* Assists in reviewing bid proposals and negotiating contracts.
* May negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
* Approves invoices for payment. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
* Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
* Ancillary Functions and Responsibilities: Performs other duties as required. This may include assignments in job classifications and departments other than the primary assignment.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor level degree in business or a related discipline from a four-year college or university and zero (0) to (2) or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.