7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57449BR Date posted 12/01/City Chula Vista
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
The Aerostructures business unit, headquartered in Chula Vista, Calif., is one of eight business units within UTC Aerospace Systems. With a global network of facilities, Aerostructures is a world leader in the design, development, production, integration and support of jet engine nacelle systems for commercial aircraft.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we take great pride in creating career opportunities for our employees, and we provide them with the tools, training and support they need to achieve their goals. Currently, the Aerostructures business unit is seeking a Buyer Intern for its Chula Vista, CA location. Job responsibilities include:
* Being a core performer in Supply Chain procurement will require interface with program leadership, engineering, production control, operations, customers and of course the supply base.
* The candidate must be able to provide delivery assurance, cost management and use their experience and industry leading tools to ensure 100% on-time delivery and quality.
* The candidate will also prepare RFQs (Request for Quotes), and issue Purchase Orders in a timely manner.
* Time management skills and the ability to handle high volumes of work in a fast paced environment are essential.
* This position will also require the candidate to be an ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) participant and advocate. Participation in ACE/Continuous Improvement events and activities will be required
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Supply Chain Management within our in production programs.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA overall.
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
·Minimum 30 credit hours completed
·Must be working toward a 4-year degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.