18 days ago
Position Title: Buyer
Provide direct and indirect purchasing and procurement in a fast paced environment to support the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and manufacturing activities of the Sarasota aircraft component repair activity.
* • Issue purchase orders to outside service suppliers and flow down commercial, shipping, documentation, and quality requirements.
* • Open, monitor status and close purchase orders in ERP system. Timely status updates of delivery to internal and external customers.
* • Monitor parts requirements in ERP System.
* • Identify savings opportunities by searching for used parts that may be available on the international market by using various tools (i.e. Inventory Locator System).
* • Research and procure aerospace parts.
* • Manage all forms of communication with suppliers.
* • Monitor min-max parts inventory levels in ERP System.
* • Responsible for inbound and outbound logistics of product and parts.
* • Monitor delivery status for all orders and expedite when necessary.
* • Match supplier invoices with receivers, create invoice in ERP and submit them to Accounting for payment. Communicate pricing discrepancies with suppliers and coordinate corrections.
* • Manage relationships with key suppliers.
* • Manage multiple accounts and tasks concurrently.
* • Process and coordinate claims/warranties with suppliers.
* • Ability to read blueprints.
* • Manage communication among technical and non-technical supplier issues.
* • Assist in other duties as assigned by Supply Chain.
* • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
* • Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
* • Minimum two years of supply chain experience.
* • Experience with an ERP System.
* • Must have strong decision making skills, ability to multi-task, and problem resolution skills.
* • Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* • Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Business from an accredited institution.
* • Minimum five years of supply chain experience.
* • Manufacturing or MRO experience.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.