• The MDNT-B provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program.
• The C2BMC program is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems.
• The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against all ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
• Applicant will be expected to provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation and/or analysis.
• Depending on the specific skills of the successful applicant, duties will include one or more of the following: plan and execute performance analyses on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS assets.
• Document analysis results in reports and briefings; present analysis results to a variety of audiences.
• Develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools; execute, test and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations; VV&A the C2BMC model.
• Develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios; using large scale simulations, perform System Level Test event predictive analysis, post-test analysis, and/or post-flight reconstruction analysis; participate in decisions regarding system/element representations and modeling parameters used in large scale simulations.
• Position also includes interacting with, supporting, and coordinating with members of other C2BMC MDNT Functional Areas, C2BMC leadership, MDA customers, and technical SMEs as well as leadership of other BMDS Element programs.
• This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board. Ref RCB Req 16-150.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Networks & Space Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIRED:
• Applicant must have a solid engineering background that covers a variety of disciplines which support both conceptual and detailed system level assessments, as well as a basic understanding of analysis techniques, planning, execution, and reporting.
• Technical specialty areas may include, but are not limited to the following: radar design and performance; endo/exo-atmospheric interceptor design and performance; target discrimination; ballistic missile threat characterization, performance, or modeling; simulation of large, complex systems; requirements development for large scale system simulations; requirements or performance analysis using models and simulations; or M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation.
• Analysis and modeling experience with overhead sensors data collection and reporting will be given additional consideration.
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Desired: Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general.
• Specific knowledge of one or more BMDS elements, such as GMD, Aegis BMD, PATRIOT, et al. is also desirable with emphasis give for overhead sensors.
An active Final Secret clearance.
This position requires an active (or the ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award