8 months ago
SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing the direction a variety of cargo handling functions for airline customers at airport cargo facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Unloads and loads trucks at the cargo facility of bulk cargo items.
· Processes shipping information for shippers and assures air bills are printed and ready for placement on cargo.
· Places air bills with shipping information on cargo.
· Loads bag carts with outgoing cargo for upcoming flights.
· Unloads bag carts and stores cargo from incoming flights.
· Arranges for customer pick up of cargo items stored at the cargo facility.
· Assures all cargo handling and acceptance is in compliance with any and all state and federal laws regarding the shipping of cargo, as well as, the airline customer contract expectations.
· Delivers excess bag carts to the ramp as needed.
· Assists with the loading of cargo on to aircraft as needed.
· Performs FOD walks on the ramp and the cargo area between flights.
· Ensures that the necessary ground service equipment is available to handle the volume cargo being processed for each flight.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
· Must possess at least a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
· Must pass a drug test, background check, and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Specific shifts to be determined
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
· Some travel required