5 months ago
Basic Function: The position will support all phases of cargo handling including acceptance and releasing of cargo, manifesting, aircraft loading, unloading, marshaling and flight operations paperwork.
1. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
2. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, required.
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others.
4. Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, required.
5. Knowledge of PenAir code share policies, preferred.
6. Previous airline customer service and/or cargo experience, preferred.
7. Ability to work independently and multi-task.
8. Working knowledge of computer systems.
9. Ability to lift up to 70 pounds on a frequent basis, required
10. Previous fork lift driving preferred.
11. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with ability to work independently.
12. Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
13. Able to actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
14. Must be able to work in changing elements.
15. Must be team oriented.
16. Must be able to do multiple job functions.
17. Must be able to meet all security requirements.
Authority: Makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes to the cargo program.
1. Report immediately to their Supervisor all incidents that result in personal injury, damage to cargo, handling equipment, aircraft, or private property.
2. Freighter planning- including: weight and balance, load building, communicating with the ramp and cargo office to determine on-hand cargo and mail.
3. Loading, unloading, and distributing cargo onboard aircraft in accordance with PenAir procedures and instructions.
4. Coordinate fueling of aircraft with Dispatch, POC, and fuel vender.
5. Completes daily freight sales reports, weekly mail revenue reports and month-end reports.
6. Acceptance and distribution of freight and PenPacks.
7. Monitors incoming and outgoing freight to all stations.
8. Trained on and is knowledgeable of HazMat paperwork and requirements.
9. Tracks mail and freight on hand in warehouse.
10. Acceptance and handling of air mail from local AMF (Air Mail Facility) or post office in accordance with company procedures and local established procedures.
11. Provide protection for all cargo in PenAir’s custody from pilferage and inclement weather. Handling of cargo shipment to and from the air cargo warehouse to prepare flights in accordance of established procedures and/or instructions from Leads. Report immediately to the Lead on duty any unusual cargo loads inbound or outbound flight that may result in an irregular operation.
12. Expedite transfer baggage as soon as the local baggage has been delivered to the baggage claim area.
13. Comply with GSE preventative maintenance and washing to include garbage removal from equipment.
14. Recommend and follow all safety and security practices.
15. Ensuring that cargo is adequately secured or stored in approved storage bins to preclude any shifting in flight.
16. All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.