ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
- This position is for full time hours
- Load and offload luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts or forklifts
- Transport luggage and cargo to various airport locations
- Maintaining ramp and warehouse areas
- Marshaling and pushing back aircraft
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conducts oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- There are start dates in July and August
- Most training will take place at one of our office buildings just 2 miles south of the airport
- Some training might take place in Anchorage, Alaska. Flights and accommodations will be provided
- All training is paid
- This position pays per union agreement, which is $11.22 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record required, defined by the following: No DUI, DWI, reckless or negligent driving within the last five years, no suspensions, terminations or revocations in the last five years, and no more than three moving violations in the last two years
- Knowledge of operation of industrial equipment and previous experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others
- Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs on a frequent basis required
- Able to obtain airport security clearance required
- Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures
- Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Able to work at a constant and quick pace for up to two hours at one time
- Able to learn quickly and understand and interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information
- Must have good attendance and punctuality record
- Due to USPS regulations, must have resided in the United States for the past 5 years
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: June 28, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.