4 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Training and Development, the Training Design Manager will work in partnership with various stakeholders in the design, development, revision and implementation of current and future training programs for Cargo employees worldwide.
The position will be held at the Air Canada Cargo Headquarters in Montreal, Quebec.
* Participates in multiple learning projects, varying in size and complexity and for differing target audiences.
* Identifies appropriate training media and methodologies and conducts training needs analysis.
* Collaborates and consults with stakeholders and subject matter experts in the planning, developing, revision, and implementation of training programs.
* Designs, develops and implements appropriate, relevant, and end-to-end training programs (ILT, e-learning, blended, practical, etc.) for Cargo employees worldwide.
* Facilitates and leads Train-the-Trainer sessions.
* Participates in post-implementation reviews with the objective of continually enhancing course content, reinforcing and sustaining learned and desired behaviours.
* Implements strategies to measure and evaluate the impact of training initiatives.
* Regularly monitors progress and effectiveness of training and implements changes based on feedback.
* Maintains existing training programs and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Educational Technology.
* Minimum of three years’ experience in training design, in a corporate/operational environment (preferred).
* Ability to develop detailed and quality instructional design content, using standard instructional design methods.
* Advance knowledge of Office applications (Word & PowerPoint), e-learning authoring tools (preferred Articulate Storyline), Adobe products (InDesign).
* Working knowledge and experience in learning management system maintenance and administration.
* Expert verbal and written communication skills in English (French, considered an asset).
* Project management skills with the ability to plan, organize and coordinate diverse work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines in a dynamic environment.
* Strong editing accuracy and quality reviewing skills.
* Flexibility and the ability to be an integral part of a team.
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Airport & Cargo