5 months ago
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
All work is performed in accordance with applicable manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, company directives and other approved data. These instructions dictate that the work performed must follow exactly the numerical order and format outlined in the instructions. Work requirements are contained in Inspection Cards, Inspection Sheet, Maintenance Manuals, Company Instructions or Corrosion Control Plans. Performs repair and replacement of airframes and powerplant systems, components and accessories pertaining to scheduled maintenance requirements. Perform corrosion removal, cleaning and treatment of aircraft structures, engines and installed equipment. The work includes checking and inspecting lines, inspecting engines/structures for abnormalities, replacing filter elements, changing oils and lubricants, checking torque valves, repairing discrepancies and keeping specified documentation of completed work. May be required to use hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties. May be required to perform Collateral Duty functions when qualified and certified.
A good working knowledge of basic aircraft maintenance, inspection, and corrosion control requirements.
Familiarization with OPNAV 4790.2 Series and other applicable Navy Instructions. Manufacturer Manuals and Company Instructions.
Knowledge of cleaning materials, hazardous waste disposal and safety precautions.
Must have basic painting skills when offered collateral duty as a painter.
Must have valid state operator’s license and be able to pass the government licensing requirements.
* Perform scheduled inspection of assigned aircraft in accordance with approved publications and procedures.
* Perform repairs on scheduled maintenance aircraft as authorized by Supervisory personnel.
* Assist with ordering tools, parts and material.
* Ensure proper operation and use of test equipment and Ground Support Equipment assigned for work being performed.
* Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
* Works with applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
* Works with the Company Tool Control Program.
* Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
* May be required to perform Collateral Duty Inspector functions when qualified and certified.
* Perform airframe and component touch up and painting when qualified, required and directed.
* Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
* May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
* Uses personal tools to perform the work in assigned job classification.
* May be required to remove and/or install cowling to perform the duties of the Scheduled Maintenance Mechanic I job classification.
* Monitor and assist the line move crew when operating inside the hangar.
* Assist when directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government owned and Company owned equipment.
* Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent
Must also meet minimum aircraft maintenance experience requirements for this job, which is three (3) years documented experience as a practicing aircraft mechanic (either fixed wing or mechanic) or flight line aircraft operations/maintenance and/or aircraft corrosion control experience.
A & P license will be considered equivalent to 18 months of experience each for this job classification only.
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview. Some travel will be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Entry Level
: Oct 10, 2017, 8:49:32 PM