3 months ago
The Machinist - Fabricator will be required to execute the following duties and responsibilities to include, but not solely limited to:
• Fabricate, Assess, modify and repair machined parts, tooling, fixtures or assemblies from blueprints, sketches and engineering drawings using various types of hardened and non-hardened steels, stainless steels, aluminum and other exotic materials.
• Program and use computer aided design systems and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) equipment to complete parts or assemblies.
• Be able and competent to interface with engineers, scientists and mechanics to provide design inputs.
• Program, set up and operate all shop equipment including manual and CNC milling machines upright and horizontal, CNC lathes, grinders, Electronic Discharge Machine (EDM), water jet machines and other pieces of equipment to fabricate Research and Development (R&D) or experimental aircraft parts and tools.
• Perform routine/periodic maintenance of tools and equipment for the Machine Shop.
• Adhere and comply with NASA’s and L-3 policies and regulations.
• Other Machinist related duties as required.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of programming, machining tools operations
• Able to interpret, make recommendations and corrections to blue prints
• Able to adhere to safety equipment and standards
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport
• Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Secret Clearance
• High School Diploma or higher
• Minimum of ten (10) or more years’ experience in Machine shop fabrication
Additional Skills Preferred:
• Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision
• Aircraft and or aviation related fabrication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication competencies
• Able to function well as a team member.
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Jan 10, 2018, 10:15:16 PM