4 months ago
Performs aircraft on and off equipment egress systems repair and maintenance tasks. Performs aircraft scheduled and
unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control and inspection with minimum supervision.
Operates ground support equipment and flight line vehicles. Assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign
object prevention walks. Works for the Lead Mechanic, ALSS (AME).
Must be customer oriented.
- Maintains assigned aircraft in accordance with Navy, manufacturer and company distributors.
- Responsible for all egress system on and off equipment maintenance on T45 aircraft.
- Removes, transports, inspects, repairs and reinstalls ejection seats.
- Inspects, repairs and cleans seat harnesses.
- Inventories, stores, removes and replaces seat CAD/PAD explosive items
- Maintains environmental system on T-45 aircraft.
- Maintains, inspects canopy explosive devices.
- Maintains and inspects on board oxygen generating system (OBOGS)
- Performs aircraft scheduled/unscheduled on and off equipment maintenance.
- Performs aircraft corrosion control procedures to include wash, wipe down, polish and vacuum.
- Operates GSE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
- Drives tugs for the purpose of towing equipment and aircraft.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft forms and VIDS/MAF or GOLD/ECMS System.
- Orders aircraft/equipment parts.
- Supervises/assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Shall perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
- May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall have three (3) years experience within the last six (6) years in ejection seat
maintenance and three (3) years recent system component repair experience. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) must
be a graduate of a military or factory equivalent ejection seat course of instruction. The egress specialist shall be qualified
on ground support equipment applicable to the specialty. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be familiar with Navy
technical publications; shall be capable of conducting on-the-job training and maintenance of Contractor personnel seat/
cockpit safety checkout training records; and shall be experienced and qualified in the removal and replacement of ejection
seats, canopies and explosive devices, both “I” and “0” levels.
The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall also be experienced and qualified in the rigging of explosive linkages/devices
applicable to seats and canopy. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be able to perform flow checks on egress
systems; shall have experience in the fitting and rigging of aircraft canopy, canopy drive and locking mechanisms, both
“I” and “0” levels. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be a graduate of a specialty course on the applicable
Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
Must be experienced in environmental control systems both “I” and “0” levels.
Must be in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a Government flight line driver’s license.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a level or security clearance required by the Government.
Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
Must have an in depth knowledge of aircraft common and special tools and test equipment.
Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications—read, interpret, follow and
comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications.
Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of computers.
Must be willing and able to work with job required hazardous materials.
Must be willing and able to conduct specialty on the job training
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled
individuals to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its
headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing
counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future.
Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public,
private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison
County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Nov 2, 2017, 1:22:27 PM
: Installation and Maintenance