8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Certification Engineer in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in Bohemia, NY.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the Certification Engineer is responsible for reading and interpreting customer and regulatory certification requirements and developing qualification plans/procedures based on the customer requirements and applicable compliance standards.
* Write qualification test procedures.
* Write qualification reports.
* Interface with customers and communicate with internal and external customers to assure deliverables are met on time.
* Work with design engineers early in development stage to mitigate the failure risks prior to qualification testing.
* Oversee testing at the lab facility and understand the purpose of each test.
* Provide summary updates on each test and provide potential failure analysis.
* Exhibit close attention to details in all responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university
* Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience writing certification qualification documents.
* Ability to multi-task on various projects.
* Possess strong oral, organizational, and written communication skills.
* Electrical background.
* Aerospace experience.
* Experience with Environmental, Flammability, and Structural test procedures and reports.
* Experience with similarity substantiation reports.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.