5 months ago
Certification Engineer II
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Certification Engineer II (Armstrong)
Responsible for developing and documenting basic certification strategy and compliance data required to support the installation design and certification of technology onboard commercial aircraft. Additional responsibilities include managing FAA ODAs and EASA DOAs, including their respective designees in support of Supplemental Type Certificate approvals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Identifies certification basis, researches and identifies required regulations, develops certification strategy to show compliance to these requisite regulations and documents compliance finding at the conclusion of the project. Monitors project progress to make sure the design and analysis activities support this certification approach/strategy
* Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, project managers and analysis engineers to develop certification strategy
* Actively develops and adapts creative and comprehensive certification strategies to show compliance with the required regulations
* Actively assists project management and engineering team in solving internal and external certification-related challenges
* Works in conjunction with ODA/DOA resources to develop all qualitative certification-related documents and deliverables
* Manages and coordinates DER/DAR and/or ODA UM resources to support piece-part and installation conformities as well as article and aircraft test witnessing
* Provides support and guidance for all compliance related testing. This may require onsite support during testing
* Manages project and sub-level Master Data Lists (MDLs) and the integrity of the documentation listed therein until STC issuance
* Coordinates the development and approval of article qualification test plans and reports with ODA/DOA resources and customers
* Develop TPED Compatibility STC data packages
* Perform and document TPED testing equipment interference analyses
* Perform and document pre-TPED testing aircraft fleet configuration assessments to determine aircraft equipment test configurations
* Perform and document component (LRU) comparative analyses based on HIRF and/or RTCA DO-160 test criteria and other LRU technical data
* Act as project Certification Lead for projects STC and TC (linefit) projects
* As project Certification Lead, work with the Certification Manager to assign, task, and plan resources to ensure all Certification Department deliverables are completed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, or in a related technical and/or equivalent field.
* At least 1 year of experience in aviation/aerospace or similar industry
* Strong technical writing techniques including outlining regulations and/or requirements and detailing substantiation of them
* Strong analytic problem solving capabilities
* Experience working in a regulated industry
* Familiarity and/or experience working in a engineering/technical organization with strict document control processes and procedures and the ability to adhere to them
* Familiarity with RF emissions from electronic devices
* Masters Degree and/or experience in Systems or Industrial Engineering
* Familiarity and/or experience with avionics, communication and/or navigation systems
* Familiarity and/or experience with electro-mechanical systems
* Familiarity and/or experience with electromagnetic interference
* FAA DER/DAR qualifications
* Familiarity and/or experience with Title 14 CFR regulations
* At least 2 years of experience working with aircraft avionics systems
* Experience working with FAA ODAs
* Experience working with EASA DOAs
Astronics Armstrong Aerospace (1437)
As needed nationally and internationally, 0%-10%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.