29 days ago
Requisition ID: 7576
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Certified Operator 1 - 2nd Shift to join our team in Decorah, IA (1020). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Performs a variety of duties necessary to construct electrical assemblies, modules, and circuit boards within a team environment.
* Under close supervision, performs a variety of routine/simplistic electronic assembly tasks following Rockwell Collins workmanship standards.
* Following/reading blueprints, wiring schematics, written work instructions and verbal instructions assembles electronic subassemblies and top assemblies.
* Required to use hand tools and power tools to assemble and rework a variety of parts/assemblies and perform required assembly/rework operations to meet quality standards. Soldering may be required for some positions.
* Under close supervision, inspects own work on electronic assemblies to insure a quality product which conforms to workmanship standards and engineering requirements.
* Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
* May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must successfully pass assembly training school
* Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
* Experience working with electronic assemblies or through hole soldering preferred
* Must be able to work 2nd Shift
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.