4 months ago
Requisition ID: 8762
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Certified Optics Operator 2 to join our team in Carlsbad, CA (2110). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Performs different phases of optical tasks including cleaning, inspecting, and loading coating tooling prior to the coating process.
* Under limited supervision performs a variety of moderately complex electro-Optics tasks following Rockwell Collins workmanship standards.
* Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, engineering change orders, and applicable document changes.
* Interpret and follow assembly procedures, assembly aids, non-conformance reports, and repair travelers.
* Be able to identify surface defects, flawed, or poorly coated glass.
* Read and interpret optical and mechanical measuring devices.
* Follow inspection requirements.
* Required to enter time in FIT/SAP timekeeping system charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedules requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* Work in a safe manner per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
* May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities as needed.
* Required to use hand tools and power tools to assemble and rework a variety of parts/assemblies and perform required assembly/rework operations to meet quality standards.
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
* Assemble electro-optical sub-assemblies, top-assemblies, and complete assemblies.
* Perform mathematical equations for air spacing.
* Self-inspection of electro-optic assemblies to insure a quality product which conforms to workmanship standards and engineering requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent; identified skills and experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
This role requires fine motor skills in handling small optics parts/assemblies
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.