PAR seeks knowledgeable candidate to provide highly technical expertise to the PAR program on aircraft maintenance and the operational challenges faced by the aircraft operators every day. Position will be charged with being the leading aircraft maintenance advocate residing on the PAR team with the responsibility to ensure a consistent approach to airplane maintenance philosophies and operational practices regarding maintainability, availability and maintenance costs targets. Knowledge of 747 and/or VC-25A aircraft maintenance is highly desired for this position.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires experience working on commercial 747 or Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft (VC-25, C-32).
• Requires at least 5 years’ experience with aircraft maintenance operations.
• Requires at least 5 years’ experience interacting with airline or government customers.
• Extensive knowledge of aircraft system, propulsion, payloads, structural, and operational knowledge of Boeing aircraft in the commercial and/or military derivative aviation industry.
• Strong communication and critical thinking skills are essential to communicate aircraft maintainability and operational challenges during the design and support of Boeing aircraft and products.
• Demonstrated technical excellence and persuasive qualities necessary to effectively influence diverse audiences and must be able to work closely with airline maintenance organizations, various design and support organizations across Boeing, regulatory agencies as well as other industry organizations.
• Must have the ability to travel 10% of the time.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to lift components overhead, climb ladders, use high lift stands and devices including platforms, work in confined spaces, including electrical compartments, and work in all weather conditions.
• Desire an A&P license or equivalent, USAF aircraft maintenance background is acceptable.
• Experience supporting Presidential Airlift Group Maintenance and/or Operations is highly desired.
• Boeing airplane program development and customer support experience desired.
• Prefer experience gathering, preparing and analyzing technical data for the development support products including engineering, product support analysis, technical publications, support equipment, spares, provisioning, field services, maintenance, etc., supporting product lifecycle.
• Prefer experience leading technical discussions with diverse teams including executive management.