6 months ago
The Clinical Supply Systems Coordinator is responsible for general purchasing oversight for the Clinical Department, including maintenance of the ENVI/IOS ordering platform and vendor management. Coordinates hard equipment purchasing and real time maintenance through contracted vendor. Oversees controlled substance and narcotics ordering and intra-company delivery system. Evaluates vendor capabilities and services to determine best option for product pricing and delivery. Ability to learn and understand standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical supply management field. Works to streamline the supply chain process for all bases of operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Generate, adjust, and expedite purchase orders for both soft and hard equipment.
* Ensure supplies will be ready and available when needed; if not possible, notify and assist Program Managers to mitigate base out of service time.
* Work with vendors to mitigate back orders and general supply chain lag.
* Improve supply chain, with focus on cost, lead and cycle times.
* Oversee controlled substance/narcotics ordering and delivery system.
* Maintain supportive relationship with all bases of operation to ensure their supply needs are met in a timely manner.
* Maintain accurate records of quantity, type and value of material and equipment received.
* Develop and maintain medical equipment maintenance history documentation.
Inventory control and management:
* Coordinates routine medical supply inventory counts including scheduling, communication, preparation of inventory tracking tool, and final review.
* Inventory management/maintain inventory and vendor database in current and accurate status.
* Coordinate base inventory par levels and ordering process.
* Maintain and coordinate medical equipment preventative maintenance schedule and ensure timely return to service.
* Coordinate annual medical equipment preventative maintenance checks at each out base.
* Maintain vendor relationships.
* Continually review pricing structure to determine best cost solutions.
* Work with sister subsidiaries and corporate office to leverage supply costs.
* Work with vendor to build companywide medical supply kits, including quarterly changes
Lean System Thinking:
* Improve supply chain efficiency through lean system thinking.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Supply chain and inventory management experience.
* Minimum one year ENVI purchasing experience.
* Concur coding experience.
* Process Improvement experience.
* “LEAN” or process/system thinking experience a plus.
* Minimum of three years experience in purchasing and/or inventory management.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Strong computer experience, including Microsoft Office skills, Sharepoint, etc.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
* High quality interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with staff, management and customers.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
* Ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities at any given time and be flexible to changes brought about by refocused priorities
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to critically think, work independently, and problem solve.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
* Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, bending, walking, and mobility in and about the facility as well as other sites; speaking and listening; frequently using hands to key and check data and information.
* Use close-in and distance visual capabilities.
* Lift 40 pounds from floor to bench height.
* Use manual dexterity.
Entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
* Constant exposure to routine office noises (i.e., office machines, conversations, foot traffic), moderate electrical or mechanical hazards.
* Some (less than 1/3rd) exposure to loud aircraft noise, moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the REACH Project Manager
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).