9 months ago
Job ID #: 10109
Location: US - New Hampshire - Keene
Functional Area: Operations
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 3:00 PM until 1:30 AM Mon - Thurs Evenings
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK Precitech, Inc., is located in Keene, NH and offers prospective employees the opportunity work in the high-tech industry. Precitech is a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical and electromechanical systems. Precitech seeks applicants for the following position:
Experienced CNC Machinist / Grind Operator with the ability to set-up and operate a CNC vertical machining center, or surface grinding machine working with extremely close tolerances.
* Set-up and Operate a Haas or Hurco vertical milling machine, or surface grinder.
* Machine a variety of metal components to print following instructions and daily dispatch lists.
* Process paperwork to record time and materials.
* Assist or instruct others in the use of machinery.
* Interface with others such as Engineering or Assembly,
* Perform special projects with limited direction following prints or sketches.
* Assist in any function to maintain production or facility.
* Perform daily/weekly maintenance on machine.
* Ability to machine a variety of materials.
* Must be able to work from prints and follow detailed instructions.
* Knowledge of "G" and "M" programming, also conversational programming.
* Experience in determining feed rates and operating speeds for various materials.
* Experience with tooling and fixturing.
* Experience with using precision measuring instruments including gauges and electronic indicators.
* Ability to use material handling equipment.
* Work requires some bending and reaching with lifting up to 50 lbs, and standing for up to 80% of the time.
Education / Training
* High School diploma and advanced technical training or equivalent, plus at least 3-5 years of experience in similar production environment. Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of machining skills sufficient to perform the job with minimal instruction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.