9 months ago
Applied Physics Specialties, a WESCAM company located in a suburb of Toronto, is a design and manufacturing company specializing in custom opto-mechanical lens assemblies and aspheric components.
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the History of WESCAM..
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* CNC programming
* Generate and polish optical components using CNC generators and high speed polishers
* Grind optical parts
* Edge optical parts
* Hand polish optical parts
* Inspect and measure optical parts to ensure conformity to specified tolerances
* Working knowledge of CNC (computer generated) optical components
* Skill and ability with measuring tools
* Knowledge of Zygo Interferometry an asset
* Ability to read optical drawings
* Excellent written and verbal English language skills
* Good interpersonal and communications skills that translate into working in a team based environment
Experience & Education Requirements
* Post secondary Technical Diploma in related discipline
* Optics manufacturing experience an asset
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Afternoon - 2nd
: Division L-3 Wescam