5 months ago
Title: CNC Programer - Planner
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4860-Shop Support Planning
Sector: Campus 1
Posting Start Date: 2017-10-03
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for CNC programmer for its Longueuil plant. The CNC programmer will create and update various computer programs for machines that are used on a daily basis. He/she will be responsible for providing production team with the programs required for machining various parts used in the manufacture of our engines.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Create a program to cut or machine parts required for production;
• Ensure that the programs created are loaded onto the machines;
• Coordinate production and parts development projects;
• Create and write complex manufacturing operation sheets for parts and assemblies of aeronautical engines;
• Create numerical control programs (multi-axis milling and turning);
• Interpret and validate technical requirements from drawings, models and customer specifications;
• Send and manage change requests for NC programming and for tool design;
• Define tools for assembly and parts inspection in collaboration with related services;
• Coordinate the introduction of new products and changes through strict and standardized quality processes;
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing workshop and external vendors.
Qualifications required: • A college diploma with a minimum of five years’ experience in mechanical manufacturing or design
• Proficiency in using Catia V5 software (mandatory);
• Knowledge of SAP, PLM, Vericut, IMS and MSP, AS9102 (an asset);
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project;
• Sought-after qualities include the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and good communication skills.
Field of studies: Engineering, Manufacturing Technique, Manufacturing Design Technique
Additional Information: • Flexible daytime or evening working hours;
• Availability for occasional travel.
Are you passionate about CNC programming, and want to work for a company that gives you the opportunity to hone your skills and allows you to develop? We have the ideal position for you! Apply for the position of CNC Programmer now!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.