5 months ago
The CNC Programmer completes CNC Programming using CAD/CAM for 3 through 5 axis CNC equipment. The position creates CNC programs for manufacturing aerospace components, cutter selection, setup documentation, tooling design and drafting, CNC tooling programs, verification and shop aid sketches. This position is responsible for the creation of CNC machine programs for the manufacturing of mid to high complexity aerospace components.
The CNC Programmer - will report to the Programming Manager
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Using CAD/CAM software, select the appropriate cutting tools and speeds/feeds for a variety of material types to create CNC programs and instructions used to run a CNC machine.
* Verify CNC code to engineering models to insure accuracy
* Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to determine the appropriate machine tool, workholding and cutter selection, machine speeds and feed rates
* Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, with the ability to apply mathematical functions
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses
* Knowledge of Unigraphics, Mastercam or Catia
* Skilled in analytical thinking and problem solving including analyzing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems
* Ability to focus on detail accuracy and thoroughness in completing work tasks
* Experience with computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel required
2 years of experience in CNC Programming
Level of Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent education