5 months ago
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and has responsibility for all aspects associated with writing CNC machine code that is used to produce precision machined parts. Incumbents in this position will have extensive experience within the aerospace industry in machining and/or machined parts N/C programming. This position requires the incumbent to have a basic knowledge of aerospace metal machining characteristics and to have in-depth knowledge and understanding of multi-axis programming techniques using CATIA v4, v5, Master CAM software, machine holders, cutters, tooling, machine travel limits and part reducibility considerations. Incumbent utilizes IGIS, CATIA, APT electronic data files, solid model and hardcopy engineering design drawings from which to initiate programming. Incumbent must incorporate the detailed requirements of N/C program pre-plans and/or verbal instruction as necessary. As required or as directed, position personnel utilize Vericut software application to verify accuracy of programmed geometry and cutter paths. This job function requires interface and coordination with other N/C programming, production, quality assurance and electronic data management personnel.
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
* Consult with Quality to ensure products are manufactured according to requirements and specifications, as well as, adhering to Quality Manual and AS9100 Rev C requirements.
* Utilizing electronic data, solid model or hardcopy engineering design, program parts as assigned
* Report status of progress, issues and/or concerns to Manufacture Engineering Manager
* Complete assigned project to established schedule
* Provide back-up data to Electronic Data Manager for all jobs completed
Other related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates would have the following:
· 8-10 years of experience programming and proofing machined parts. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
* Must be able to accurately read and interpret manufacturing drawings, specifications and tolerances.
* Basic understanding of inspection techniques, including Non-Destructive Testing, and inspection tools.
* Ability to work with others in a mutually supportive team environment as well as working independently.
* Able to support shop floor tape proofing operations and troubleshooting.