8 months ago
Co-op: Customer Performance
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 50629BR Date posted 06/30/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
Summary Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
Description This position reports to the Manager, Process and Performance Assurance in the Customer Service Supply Chain and Commercial Spares group, and is directly responsible for the preparation, review, and management of key UTAS customer aftermarket spares metrics, reports, scorecards, and performance recovery plans. The candidate will interface with senior level executives regularly, and work with a team of senior performance assurance analysts on preparing customer recovery plans and updating key metrics and initiatives. These metrics, reports, scorecards, etc will be updated on the commercial spares obeya board, and presented within other reports including monthly enterprise excellence reviews and PDPR reviews.
This posting is for a Fall 2017 co-op position, through Dec 31, 2017.
* Able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced setting
* Willing to take on any challenge and be flexible
* Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively work with limited oversight
* Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to articulate business solutions
* Ability to design and eventually automate detailed and articulate reports, graphs, charts, and whitepapers
* Highly organized and able to manage multiple sources of data to create executive level reports, dashboards, and presentations
* Work closely with the Spares Performance Assurance team to formulate performance improvement strategies for top UTAS customers and business units
* Ability to automate the creation of graphs, charts, and reports using raw data from multiple sources
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of advanced Excel formulas and macros a plus
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus
Ideal candidates will be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Program Management, Business Administration, or Industrial Engineering. Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or greater is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.