5 months ago
Co-Op, Detection Engineering
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54227BR Date posted 09/25/City Wilson
State North Carolina
The UTC Aerospace Systems Internship Program is one of the cornerstones of the company's college recruiting strategy. Students hired into this program represent our pipeline of talent - our future executives! This program provides an opportunity for a short term work assignment for students pursuing degree programs directly related to our core business.
The intern will work on some if not all of the following projects. The need for this assistance is driven by increased focus on customer and manufacturing support by the design engineering staff.
1. Evaluation of Ceramic Bead prototypes (CFD)
2. Connector redesign ideas and feasibility efforts
3. Engineering support to MFG for alternate alarm/no-alarm test methods (CFD)
4. Assist with A350 Performance verification tests (TP-1433)
5. Coordination of ATP revisions for CFD due to implementation of He leak test and alternate test methods
6. Coordination of Drawing revisions for CFD due to implementation of marked data matrix
7. Revision of Standard Work activity pages to make them more applicable
8. Run tests for new hydride testing
9. Help develop control system for hydride testing
10. Help design discrete measurement system
11. Characterize new APD switches and work on induction brazing parameters.
12. Collect room temperature calibration data (APD)
13. Generate curve fits for TFD’s (excel)
14. Monitor CFD production
15. Use of legacy software to generate calibration curves and oven limits for manufacturing
The position will gain experience in lab operating methods and equipment, thermal reaction properties of metallic and non-metallic materials, exposure to manufacturing methods such as welding, brazing, drawing revision and callout alteration, and acceptance testing for aerospace customers.
Would like the co-op to work from January 2018 to May 2018- full time.
Qualification: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Education: Candidate must be currently enrolled in an applicable college degree program and the candidate must be in a co-op program (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering)
* MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COURSEWORK
* 3.0 minimum GPA
* Completion of at least 30 credit hours
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.