7 months ago
TOP PILOT CONTRACT: FO pay at $40.40/flight hour, $1.95 per diem Domestic; $2.50 International. Up to $17,500 Sign-On Bonus.
Republic Airline First Officers operate the largest E170/175 fleet in the United States for Delta, United, and American codeshare partners.
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 180 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,200 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Supports aircraft Captain by ensuring safe, clean and reliable piloting of aircraft and performing other aircraft management duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
* Provides the Captain with proper planning of each flight utilizing all applicable weather information, reports in accordance with Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
* Determines that the aircraft is air-worthy in accordance with Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs); completes all appropriate preflight inspections.
* Safely, properly and effectively operates the aircraft during the designated period of duty in accordance with the Captain’s instruction, Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
* Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the equipment operated, FARs governing the operation of equipment, manuals, policies, procedures, and Captain’s instruction.
* Notifies crew and passengers of turbulent weather conditions or any other operational factors affecting the flight; delivering a customer experience consistent with each codeshare partnership standard.
* Contributes to a reliable and on-time operation by assisting the Captain in meeting all report times, departure times, and minimum turn times.
* While at the terminal, assists with and ensures the proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo.
* Maintains regular and reliable attendance according to Republic Airline procedures and practices.
* Presents a professional appearance and adheres to the Republic Airline uniform dress code.
* Conducts self professionally at all times while on duty and observes the Rules of Conduct for all associates as outlined in the Flight Operations Manual, Associate Handbook and other related policies.
* Continues professional training towards upgrading performance and abilities.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Republic Airline and the Captain.
Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
* Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and criminal background and fingerprint checks
* Possess and maintain a valid US passport or foreign passport
* Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States
* Willing to submit to and able to pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests
* Must meet ATP Minimums (or applicable R-ATP Mins):
* 1500 Total Time (at least 250 hours fixed wing)
* 500 Hours Cross Country
* 50 Hours Multi Engine
* 75 Hours Instrument
* 100 Hours Night
* 250 Hours PIC
* ATP Written
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED; Bachelors Degree preferred
* Prior customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment preferred
* Must meet the minimum requirements for an ATP or RATP certificate; ATP written is preferred.
* Meet the current interview and hiring minimum age, including minimum flight hour requirements set by the FAA and Republic Airline
Candidates, who do not presently meet the required hiring minimums, may still be eligible for hire upon successful completion of the interview process, if the following requirements are met:
* Meets the hiring minimums within six months of the interview date
* Has no certificate action since the date of the interview
* Has no moving violations, misdemeanors, felonies or charges pending since the interview date
* Accepts a class date within six months of the interview date
* Ability to read, critically analyze, interpret and understand technical procedures and governmental regulations, sometimes quickly, and under stressful or emergency situations
* Able to effectively present information in response to questions from flight operations management, dispatch, crew scheduling, air traffic control, passengers and the general public
* Able to speak and be clearly understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during emergency situations
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist, using sound judgment
* Capable of interpreting multiple instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types of stressful situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression, emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc...
DECISION MAKING & IMPACT OF ERRORS
Make decisions to support strategic direction of Republic Airline
* Decisions tend to be medium range and of medium significance with moderate consequences, but may in unusual situations be significant and have safety-of-flight consequences or customer relationship impact.
* Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound and may impact safety
* Able to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations
* Capable of controlling personal and emotional responses and acting appropriately under high levels of stress
The physical demands described, are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
* Able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat and/or crawl
* Able to sit without standing for long periods of time
* Capable of lifting or moving items at different heights weighing up to 75 pounds
* Able to adhere to the visual demands set in the medical standards established by the FAA
* Able to hear clear verbal communications in person, on the telephone, and over a headset with ambient aircraft and passenger noise
* Possess the stamina needed to work long days, on sequential days, with frequent change in temperatures, climate and weather conditions
* Must be able to move about the aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment
* Must be able to sit in pilot’s seat or assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications
* Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* This position requires the ability to work near moving mechanical parts
* Withstand outdoor weather conditions within an open air hangar and on the flight line for extended periods
* The noise level may be loud and use of headset is required
* Willing and able to work extended duty periods on sequential days, as well as a varied schedule, including early morning, nights, overnights and weekends
* Travel up to 100% of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight stays
* Duty Assignment: Ability to work extended hours with the flexibility to work any assigned schedule
* Willing to relocate based on the Company’s operational needs