24 days ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to
fill the permanent full-time position of Commercial Vehicle and Ground
Support Equipment Painter at our Maintenance Centre in Toronto.
Mechanics in Category 14 are engaged in
performing all paint work required, relative to the aircraft, engines,
propellers, instruments, accessories, buildings and ground equipment.
* Identify Ground Support Equipment/Vehicle(s) to be painted
* Prepare, clean and sand metal surfaces to be painted
* Apply primers/enamels
* Apply paint and mix paints
* Use power and non-power tools to complete the paint job (spray
guns, sanders, paint booth, etc.)
* Clean and polish painted surfaces, remove/replace decals
* Follow proper safety procedures and use PPE (Personal Protective
* Complete assignments on time
* Produce a satisfactory result for the client and work to the
standards of Air Canada
* Accept direction from the Manager or Lead hand
* High school diploma / Diploma of Vocational Studies
* Possession of a valid Painter Certificate, 310B or equivalent
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a body repair / automotive
painter or equivalent experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet)
* Possession of valid driver's license (Mandatory).
* Be available to work night, evenings and days including weekends
* Eligible to work in Canada.
* Ability to Pass and obtain an airside vehicle operators permit
- AVOP (Mandatory).
* Ability to pass security clearance and obtain the Restricted area
identity card (RAIC). Please refer to Transport Canada site for more
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.