4 months ago
The Commodity Manager partners closely with other Aerospace Senior leaders to support the development and execution of the Sourcing Strategy for critical Honeywell Aerospace commodities and suppliers. Assigned commodities are highly complex, source controlled and suppliers are multi-geographic in scope. You will act as an agent of the corporation in charge of multi-million dollar contracts and commitments, and make financial commitments on behalf of Honeywell Corporation.
• Develop and execute effective global sourcing strategies for assigned commodities with stakeholder input.
• Demonstrate political astuteness to influence internal/external manufacturing strategy.
• Hold stakeholder meetings and cross functional executive reviews as required to gain consensus, influence and drive decisions on sourcing strategy, supplier selection and execution within assigned commodities.
• Develop pre-negotiation plans, negotiating agreements with suppliers within required timelines, conducting competitive market surveys and analyses, managing global supplier relationships and escalations.
• Manage the business to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), driving transitions, Value Engineering and productivity projects for related commodities.
• Participate in cross-functional teams across Aerospace to drive Honeywell's supply base to premier levels of performance in Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Service.
• Effectively manage communications and expectations.
• Provide regular reports on overall commodity performance, capital and expense budget and expenditures, and product transition status.
You Must Have:
* Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in Business, Engineering, Finance or related discipline
* 5+ years’ experience in engineering, finance, or quality
* 5+ years’ experience with Integrated Supply Chain
* Due to Government and/or contract regulations, United States citizenship is required.
* Master’s Degree in Business
* Experience in Aerospace industry and/or experience working in large, multinational firms.
* Working knowledge of Honeywell procurement systems (SAP or MacPac)
* Working knowledge of technical commodity requirements
* Professional certifications (Six Sigma, Lean, NAPM, ISM, APICS, SQE, SME)
* Experience monitoring global commodity trends, suppliers, and supplier financials
* Job ID: 00356376
* Category: Procurement
* Location: Tempe, AZ USA