7 months ago
Requisition ID: 6823
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
On December 2, 1929, Aeronautical Radio, Inc. was chartered by the Federal Radio Commission (later to become the Federal Communications Commission) to serve as the airline industry's "single licensee and coordinator of radio communication outside of the government." Presently, Rockwell Collins IMS provides international and domestic air and ground communications to our major airline customers.
Rockwell Collins is looking for an ideal candidate to join our team as a Communications Center Radio Operator in Livermore, California. This is a rewarding and challenging position that affords you the opportunity to truly make a difference. If selected, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where customer service, quality of communication, and the ability to multi-task are held in the highest regard. In order to ensure this, the position is focused on providing 24/7 support. Shift work is mandatory.
The Radio Operator will:
- Operate HF/VHF radio, computer, and telephone communication equipment.
- Receive, copy and deliver Air Traffic Control messages, clearances, advisories, and information requests.
- Manage and route air-to-ground and ground-to-air traffic, radio messages and communications for dispatchers, pilots, air traffic controllers and other authorized agents.
The rate is $18.75/hour start. Increase to $20.00/hour after 6 months. After one year, the rate will increase to $21.00/hour.
Rockwell Collins will provide training on weather code symbols, Air Traffic Control and our communications regulations, procedures and abbreviations and the operation of all applicable equipment. This is taught within a company sponsored training program that must be successfully completed in order to continue employment.
To be considered for this position you must have two (2) years of experience in military radio communications, call center customer service, help desk or radio dispatching. You must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment where stressful situations, accuracy of work, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service are daily requirements.
Additional prerequisites of the position are:
- Achieve a typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Successfully pass a physical examination equivalent to an FAA Type II physical, drug testing and audiogram.
- Have resided within the United States for at least 3 consecutive years out of the last 5.
- Ability to pass a government sponsored background investigation to include fingerprinting, and either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status.
- Qualify to receive a Restricted Radio telephone Operator Permit and obtain within 6 months of employment.
Desired Experience: Ideally your experience will be in airline transportation services or public agency dispatching. Familiarity with the technical and operational terms encountered in aeronautical communication is also desired.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent in general education.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.