8 months ago
The Communications Leader role is primarily responsible for communications activities in support of Honeywell Aerospace business objectives. This individual should be confident, able to work independently and in a team, and be able to execute plans to drive business results. Assignments include developing and executing effective communications activities targeted at employees through integrated communications planning, content development and use of multiple communications channels. The Communications Leader position will be based in Phoenix, Arizona and report directly to the Senior Director, Executive Communications for Honeywell Aerospace.
• Partner with executives/leadership/functional organizations to develop and deliver specific messaging around business vision, themes, channels, etc. to support the overall communications strategy across the company and within specific organizations.
• Coordinate and execute internal communications, including effective communications to reach employees across the company.
• Participate in the development of communications plans that meet business objectives and priorities
• Develop written materials (executive messages & presentations, announcements, newsletter articles, etc.) as well as video and online communications materials.
• Plan and execute internal events, such as quarterly town halls, executive site visits, employee recognition activities and employee briefings
• Develop content and update web and online social collaboration tools as well as identify new or expand use of existing tools
• Coordinate and facilitate vendor relationships as appropriate in support of symposiums, special awards, recognition programs, etc.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with team members and partners on projects and other opportunities to improve communications in support of the business
• Engage with Honeywell Aerospace business units, key leaders, and support functions as necessary
This position may be located at any Honeywell U.S. location
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field with five plus years experience in communications, marketing communications or agency environment.
• In lieu of degree a minimum seven plus years experience in communications, marketing communications or agency environment.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
• Self-starter with strong writing and verbal communications skills
• Ability to get results and manage multiple projects
• Experience working in large, technical organizations a plus
• Sound knowledge of organizational communications methods, techniques and processes
• Ability to translate technical information into coherent communications and work with technical audiences effectively
• Strength in working with colleagues across the function and developing relationships at the highest level of the organization
• Outstanding communications skills including effective writing skills for intranet, executive messaging, and presentations
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.